Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Two soft and fudgy brownie layers sandwiched with creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream. A decadent treat to cool off with on a scorching summer day!
20 minutes +freeze time
For the Brownies
- ½ cup (110g) canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (98g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (44g) cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Sandwiches
- 1 ½ quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9” x 9” square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper to create a sling, with an overhang on all four sides.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry with a rubber spatula until everything is well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly with an offset spatula. Bake at 350°F for 13-15 minutes, just until the brownies are set. Cool completely before assembling the sandwiches.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut the layer in half vertically so you end up with two equal rectangles. Line a large 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap, for building the ice cream sandwiches. Allow the ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature, about 5-10 minutes.
- Place one layer of brownie in the bottom of the loaf pan. Scoop about ⅔ of the carton of ice cream on top of the brownie. Working quickly, use a spatula to press down the ice cream and smooth it out into an even layer that covers the brownie completely. Place the remaining brownie layer on top and press it down. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the ice cream is completely frozen, remove the ice cream bar from the pan and peel away the parchment. Use a large sharp knife to trim the edges so there isn’t any ice cream hanging over. Then cut the brownie ice cream bar into 8 equal squares. Enjoy right away or individually wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or wax paper and store in the freezer for up to a month.