Chocolate Chip Pistachio Muffins
Fluffy, nutty pistachio muffins speckled with mini chocolate chips. These Chocolate Chip Pistachio Muffins are reminiscent of a tall and perfectly domed bakery-style muffin, full of real pistachio flavor.
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) unsalted butter
- 5 oz pistachios, finely ground (reserve a few Tablespoons for the tops)
- 2 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (96g) sour cream
- ⅓ cup (96g) whole milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (120g) mini chocolate chips (reserve a few Tablespoons for the tops)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two 12-count muffin pans with cupcake or muffin liners, skipping every other tin. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pistachios, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cooled melted butter, sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine the mixture with a rubber spatula, until mostly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tins using a cookie scoop, filling the liners about ¾ full. Sprinkle the reserved pistachios and mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425°F. Leave the muffins in the oven and reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 15-17 minutes. The muffins should bake for a total of 20-22 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Storing: Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.